Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's My Party Recap

Saturday, I celebrated my 34th birthday. I can tell you I partied like I was turning 21. Glad I'm past that stage in my life :-). We started off the celebration with a classy cocktail party at my house and then we headed to downtown Baltimore to the Power Plant. (No pictures of that thank God!)

If you are a reader of my blog, you know that I am not a cook at all. So the food was courtesy of some of my favorite take out places.

I like the idea of a tasting party and I think I will have a bigger one soon. Pier 1 has the cutest tasting collection. I got the shot glasses from there. They also came with small spoons.

The spoons for the Mexican Gumbo were purchased at World Market for .99 a piece



As part of the gifts to my friends, I decided to write a personal letter. I have to admit I cried all night long writing these letters. Each one of my friends mean so much to me. It was a great honor to have them celebrate my birthday with me.

For the favors, I found the perfect Turquoise boxes and bags at Home Goods. Inside was a notepad to write notes to their friends and family and a Picture Holder. I took a picture with each friend which will be sent in my thank you cards.

22 comments:

  1. what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I love this party. Love the colors, love those painted branches- all of it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lady! Everything look so beautiful and wonderful! I'm loving the colors, you look so radiant in your beautiful yellow dress it most definitely becomes you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!
    Your party looked fabulous!!! Love the color combination, the decor and the food looked scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Eveything looks great! I love the way you matched you table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is gorgeous! What a special night and I love the note idea for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great party! I love the colors and the notes that you wrote.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! We really did have a great time. I tell you, laughter is so great for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! love the colors!
    Your dress is cute too! Happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday lady! looove the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I hopped over through Celebrations at Home. I just love your color combination and how you used the willow in the centerpiece.

    It looks like you had a great birthday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh - I just love it! You always do it up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been following your blog for a couple of months and you are one of my favorites that inspires me. I love the colors. once again, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! What a fun celebration! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!!! The colors are amazing! Gotta add this to my next Fiesta Friday roundup!Luvin' what you did with the shot glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks again guys! @ Not Just A Mommy, I would be honored!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey i am really at the right time! a very happy b'dy to you dear..may all your dreams come true at this 21-indeed..ha ha..can i join the party..not to late..thanx for sharing such beautiful pics..love that cak..take care..love to came back..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooooooooo pretty!!!! I love love love the colors!!!!!

    Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally love the idea of a tasting party, and this color combo s too cute! Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors of your party and all the details! No harm in partying like you 21 - the recovery is the hard part!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your parties are amazing! The colors you chose for this party are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails