Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Safari Adventure

"The Invitation" that I made with the help of Microsoft Word

Safari Birthday Boy

Kids Parties are my passion. I recently completed another fabulous party for my son's 3rd Birthday(seen above). When the kids first arrived they were STOPPED at the "Passport Check In" station where they received pre-made passports and a Serengeti Agenda.

The kids then moved to the dress up station where they "Became a Jungle Animal". The kids received costumes and then got their face painted into an animal. Even the adults got involved. They loved that they were able to keep the costumes.



After the kids were dressed, they visited the "Serengeti National Park"and took pictures with the Lion and Elephant


Next the kids went to "See the Monkey's". Here they created Monkey visors and Monkey finger puppets.




Then the kids and parents "Enjoyed an African Feast" at the jungle table. The Feast included;
Safari Sandwiches - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches Jungle Sandwiches - turkey and cheese on wheat bread
Animal Spotted Pizza-pepperoni pizza/cheese available for all you non-spotted lovers.
Snake Eggs- seedless grapes
Croc Teeth: apple slices
Dried Ants - plain raisins
Beetle Wings-potato chips Creepy Crawly Bugs - gummy worms
Jungle Juice-fruit juice


The kids then participated in the "Reptilian Hunt"
I put all kinds of interesting reptiles, from crocodiles to snakes all around the room and the kids went for a hunt to find as many as possible to fill up goody bags.


After the Reptile Hunt, the kids enjoyed "Safari Cake" made by Cakes Plus in Laurel, Maryland
For the Take home gift. I gave out "Safari Backpacks" filled with anything I could find that had animals on it.

Check out more pictures of Bailey's Safari Adventure on Flickr.

3 comments:

  1. Love this party! The Details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party is being featured on Creative Parties and Showers on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this party! I wish I would have seen it before I did my safari theme, even though it was a baby shower. I love the dried ants! Totally adds some sass! (Mine is here: http://diyingtobedomestic.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/safari-baby-shower/)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails