Saturday, February 9, 2013

Glittered Safari Animals Centerpiece

 I completed the glittered safari animals for the Zoo Crew Baby Shower. I think they turned out pretty well. I'm excited about it! Check out the before and after pictures. I told you the steps I was following from the previous post here. It took me approximately 2 1/2 days. Mostly because of drying time and my work schedule. I suspect that you could probably finish this in 3 steps over 2 days. 

 I started with a grey plastic elephant, Hippo and Giraffe from the dollar section of Michael's
I used blue and green paint for plastic(purchased at Michaels) and painted the entire animal the same color as the glittered paint that I used.



 Then I sprayed them with Krylon glitter paint. Followed by Krylon clear sealant. 

Next I drilled a small hole in the bottom (slightly off centered due to the face portion of the animal being top heavy) of the animal and put a wooden dowel in the bottom. 

 Target typically sells the buckets for 2.50. I placed 2 foam squares from the dollar tree at the bottom of the bucket. I also got the grass from the dollar tree and stuck it into the green foam squares.

Check out the finish product below. I think this is the beginning of a great centerpiece.  





5 comments:

  1. Amazing Centerpiece!! Great minds think alike :) I wanted to do something similar to this for my Flintstones party but with Dinosaurs and without the glitter lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am a fan of your centerpieces :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These animal centerpieces are so adorable. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails